1. In this area feel free to discuss all things body positive

CONTEST: Redefining beauty - How do you choose to define beauty?

Discussion in 'All Things Body Positive' started by BoPo Team, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Beauty Comes from the heart. Having grace and a good attitude. It's confidence and self assurance but not in a conceited way.

2. I would love to see some of your modeling work! I know Ashley Graham is a huge inspiration for many of us. I don't see why you wouldn't be as well?

Isn't it amazing when you find joy in the little things?

3. Awesome response Cindy!!!

I love your final sentence! The person you are and the qualities you possess truly are what defines you and makes you a beautiful person!

Jillian likes this.
  4. Love it! Thanks so much Elaina for posting! Beauty truly does come from the heart!

Jillian likes this.
  5. Your word choice is amazing! Are you a blogger/writer?

Jillian likes this.
  6. Beauty to me cannot be defined, how can you define something with an infinity of possiblilities.

It is not just physical: it is also a mentality, it is the lights hugging your Christmas tree tightly, it the freckles you flaunt proudly on your cheeks, it is the ability to feel emotion.

Beauty is many things, it is something different to everyone, it purely depends on your perspective of the things around you.

Jillian and BoPo Team like this.
  7. LOVE your response Connie!

Jillian likes this.
  8. Beauty is the acceptance of yourself. I see beauty in individuals who do what they like to do despite criticism. Being confident in the fact that you are unlike any other. Beauty is the way that you treat people around you.

9. I personally love the fact that you are defining beauty as the way you treat others. This truly resonated with me! You're amazing Kacey!

Jillian likes this.
  10. My definition of beauty is the radiant spirit sparkling through presence.

11. Sarah!!!! I love this! Especially after just starting my path to understanding buddhism and "The Joy of Living"

Thank you so much for such a timely and mindful post!

Jillian likes this.
  12. sooooo welcome! xoxo

BoPo Team likes this.
  13. Beauty is flawsome. Our bodies are imperfect and that is a gift. We shouldn't all want to look the same. Who we are is as unique as our fingerprints and being unique is what is beautiful.

<3

Attached Files:

14. Tess!!!! You couldn't be anymore right! I LOVE the words Flawsome btw! I want to start using that!!!!!!

Tess and Detras Powell like this.
  15. In my opinion, beauty isn't found on one's face. It is what's inside you mind, found in your soul and hidden in your heart. To me, life is beauty. The thought of living long and happy is beauty. Being completely in love with who you are is beauty. Being positive even when things are looking bad and gloomy is beauty. Giving birth is beauty. Feeling your mate tell you they love you is beauty (yes, feeling). Beauty is all around us. We have to just look and capture those moments. Beauty can be seen in everything if your mind is positive.

16. Perfect word choice! You must be a writer?

Jillian likes this.
  17. LOL!!! No, I'm not a writer. I only speak what I truly feel!!!

BoPo Team likes this.
  18. Ill start out by saying I am new to this group and absolutley love what this page/community stands for. I am 25 and have an extremely rare disorder called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. My type is so rare that there have only been 8 cases worldwide ever recorded. I used to hate my body, my disorder, and everything about myself. It wasn't until I did some hard core self evaluation did I realize what beauty really is, and I found it within the imperfections of my disorder, and slowly learned to love myself.
    Beauty to me can come in all different shapes, objects, and sizes even emotions. Whether it is in a picture or person, feeling or thing, it is a pretty broad area, and can be described in many many ways. I myself find beauty in imperfection. As a generation who strives for perfection it is in the imperfections that I find to be the most mesmerizing. Being only 25 the effects of my disorder is not only on the inside but on the outside as well. My skin has slowly began to lag more and more as I age, but it is within my wrinkles and scars that I find the most unique beauty. The length and symetry of my lines and scars, to the color and pattern they make is truly breaktaking. One specific place I think we have a mixed review on what beauty is, is within the fashion industry, which is why I started modeling with my disorder, and shouting my self love journey from rooftops. I began to show my scars and laggin skin in an effort to show that my imperfections make me, me and I AM BEAUTIUL. My venture is to shed light on the unhealthy mindsets we currently have within the fashion and modeling industry today, and relate to those who are struggling. I believe the scars and discrepancies we have are reminders to the world what we have been through as individuals, and our journeys. We should not be urged to ‘cover them up or “remove them’ but instead they should be glorified...!
    I aim to break societies transparent barriers of perfection. Barriers that subliminally tell us all to be perfect in all aspects of life, work, social, and personal interactions. “Be this skinny and you’ll be happy, “buy this and you’ll be happy”, “look this way and you’ll be happy.” Really?? It is the imperfection that makes us perfect, and where true beauty lies, a reminder we all need… LOVE YOUR BODY, LOVE YOURSELF, be gentle with your body, be gentle with yourself. We are our own real life warriors. Our bodies tell a story that no one else has, a literal vessel of the struggle we as individuals have gone through, and a vessel to be praised not shunned. Our vessels are beautiful.
    Real beauty lies within ourselves. The beauty only seen on the outside doesn’t count, but what matters most is on the inside. By re enforcing the mindset that our imperfections are real and beautiful through photography, I hope to lessen the journey and struggle of others on the road to self-love. If you fully love yourself inside and out, that to me is what real beauty is, and it shows through more than you know.

Attached Files:

19. Sara!!!!!!!

Welcome and Wow!!!!! What a powerful story you possess!

I am sooooo honored you took the time to share your strength, self-love and success with us all!!!

This is simply amazing!

Jillian and Sara like this.

20. THANK YOU BOO TEAM!! It is truly an honour to be a part of such an awesome positive community. I look forward to connecting with everyonee!! ❤