1. This is an area to post your story to inspire others. Show your support by commenting on the stories that resonate most strongly with you.

Don't be scared to name your scars

Discussion in 'Share Your Story' started by Iheartyellowsubs, Nov 3, 2016.

1. So most my life I've been told "no, never, and don't ". I was told from a very young age, that there were many things I'd never be. I was told don't even think about this or that, because it won't happen for me. I was told, I was born poor white trash and I'll die poor white trash. I've been told, no I can't ever be something. I can't be worth so many things. I believed these things for most my life. I had such little faith and hope. I wanted to die for many years. I tried to die ....sometimes I wonder how I got to live. If you haven't already gotten I grew up around a lot of sadness, alot of abuse. I didn't know anything else really but still something in me wanted more. Something in me didn't let them killing that loving happy person I am deep down. I, somehow, hung onto her. I, somehow, pulled her out of the fire. I may have scars to prove where I came from. I may never really escape that white trash little girl but that's okay. My scars, my past is part of who I am. Nothing can ever erase it and I'm okay with that. I like who I am. I even love who I am most days. When I tell my story I find it helpful to talk about it. I find strength in my scars and in my past. All I want to do is spread some light in others lives. I want them to know it's okay to have scars from their past. I want them to know their past doesn't take away from their worth. I want them to know it's okay to talk about their past, about their scars. It doesn't make them weaker. I see it like in Harry Potter. "He who must not be named" had power because people didn't say his name . They didn't talk about him. For me that's what happens when you don't talk. When you don't name your scars. So my story I hope helps you to talk , helps you to name your scars. You are worth so much more than you can dream. *hugs*

Attached Files:

2. Wendy!!!

I cannot imagine what it was like for you to go through such pain! I read several on your posts on your Instagram and I'm not even sure if calling you a warrior is a strong enough title to fit the woman you have become and will continue to move forward as.

I too was called retarded by my own mother and will never forget that day. Ever since all I have been is an over achiever. I have pushed hard at everything I do and never give up. I find it interesting that this stuck with me as a negative but is now becoming a positive in my life as it has shaped me and inspired me to always push and always be my best.

I feel we have a lot in common and I am soooooooo happy you are a part of our community! It truly is an honor to have you here!

Jillian, C.walsh and Iheartyellowsubs like this.
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very happy that you messaged me. I am sorry what happened with your mom. Most of my family I have an ...odd or no relationship with them. I wouldn't call myself an over achiever. I am someone that I think is meant to be happy. I know that may sound odd for some. I know that some have a hard time with me because I am mostly a positive person. I won't say sorry for being happy. No one should ever. Thanks for asking me to write something. I am honored that my writing touched you. I struggle with believing in myself as a writer. I wanted to be one once. Each time I've been writing on IG helps me. I just want to spread a little sunshine in this world. I can't wait to see where this all takes me. I also can't wait to see what I can do for this community!

BoPo Team and C.walsh like this.
  4. You inspire me everyday!(BTW this is @queasylikeasundaymorning!) your story was inspiring and showed your bravery and strength!keep being incredible!and I love the Harry Potter reference!!!!

Iheartyellowsubs and BoPo Team like this.
  5. Thanks lovely lady! I try my best to be strong and positive. You are such an amazing person! I hope you always stay amazing! Harry Potter is deeper then many think. JK Rowling is an awesome writer and person.
    Thanks for the love my IG friend!

BoPo Team likes this.
  6. Thank you for your post! Thank you for being you! <3

7. Thank you! I try to just me be me. I just want to love myself and help others to do the same.

BoPo Team likes this.
  8. A+ for the Harry Potter reference. J.K. Rowling has made this world a better place.
    Anyway, I love this post.
    My mom literally JUST read a quote to me from President Johnson, "We can draw lessons from the past, but we cannot live in it."
    The scars we emerge from the past with give us character and life is about learning to love and accept that character.
    You have most definitely spread light into my life. <3
    Thank you for that.

9. I love Harry Potter! Thank you for your kind words. ❤

Corinne Santiago and BoPo Team like this.