1. This is an area to post your story to inspire others. Show your support by commenting on the stories that resonate most strongly with you.

Learning to love myself while going through a divorce !

Discussion in 'Share Your Story' started by Janet Woodham, Feb 25, 2017.

1. I am going through a divorce, and was thinking what is wrong with me. Why can't I found someone that would love me. And not be controlling and verbally abusive . So I took a step back, and looked at myself. I realized I didn't love myself! I allowed this man to talk and treat me anyway he wanted. I joined a group of friends that first did a 30 day burpee challenge. Then they started a mental challenge. I have to say the burpee challenge was easier than the mental challenge. There were days I cried. We would watch a motivational video and than write our take away. It brought me to a level of awareness I never knew. To the point I left my husband! I decided I deserve more than this small abusive life. I have created a list of things I want to do. Things I was not allowed to do, because my husband said I couldn't. So sunday is my daughters 19 birthday. I took her for a mani ,pedi I haven't had one in 4 years. So I scratched that off my list. I started shopping at publix. I was not allowed to shop there before. Even though they are tiny things. It is amazing how better you feel!

Justyna and Corinne Santiago like this.
  2. No matter how small your actions may feel- they all deserve to be celebrated; especially when you're going through a tough time.
    You'll come out on the other side stronger and wiser than you've ever been. <3

Justyna likes this.