1. Post your most inspirational images, videos and messages here.

LOVING ME

Discussion in 'Body Positive Inspiration' started by Detras Powell, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Where do I begin!?
    A little over a year ago, I joined a pole fitness class and little did I know how much my life was about to change! I walked into this studio full of small sized woman. I was the heaviest woman in the room. Feeling a little down and someone embarrassed because here in this room stood women who had perky boobs, slim thighs and what seemed to be very confident woman. I looked at myself this woman who was weighing 260 lbs, boobs dropping and no self confidence at all. I was very nervous but I did not turn around and walk out that class. I stayed and I continued to come back week after week after week. Grant it, I could not do what all the smaller ladies were doing but I decided to dance to the beat of my own drum and go at my own pace. I did eventually start to feel better about who I was as a person. I stopped comparing myself to others and I began to embrace the woman that was looking back at me in the mirror.
    I starting falling in love with who I am. I took those class and became unstoppable.
    Just because my appearance wasn't fitting to the type of class I was taking, didn't stop me from doing the one that I truly love. Plus Size pole fitness has been a journey that I will always love and continue to do.
    Since poling, my confidence has Sky rocketed. I have competed in Plus Size pageants and plus size model competitions winning 1st Runner up to becoming people choice award recipient!!! I'm telling you, my life went from being shy and soft spoken to a advocate on Self love!!!!!!!!
    This photo make me the most proud out all the photoshoots I have done because I LOVE THE IMAGE THAT STANDS BEFORE ME!!!!

Attached Files:

Corinne Santiago and BoPo Team like this.
  2. WOW WOW WOW!!! Your confidence is invigorating! Your story is one of strength, growth and self-love! You are an inspiration to many!!!

Detras Powell likes this.
  3. I have three words for you: GET IT GIRL!!!!
    You have no idea how much I loved reading this.
    I can't imagine how scary and intimidating that first day was but I'm so proud of you and happy for you that you stayed!
    It's about you and your personal journey, not in comparison with anyone else's.
    You are brave, you are gorgeous, you are FIERCE!
    I wanna try a class like that! Gotta work up the courage and find one near me! Haha <3 <3

Detras Powell and BoPo Team like this.
  4. AWWW...THANKS!!!! It's one major step I took and I'm so happy I didn't give up.

BoPo Team likes this.
  5. AWWW THANKS A MILLION

BoPo Team likes this.