1. This is an area to post your story to inspire others. Show your support by commenting on the stories that resonate most strongly with you.

My battle with my body & mind

Discussion in 'Share Your Story' started by emilyrosson, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Hi!
    I'm completely new to this website so this is my story. I started having body image issues in high school & it only got worse in college where freshman 15 is oh so real. I have struggled with depression and anxiety in the past and along with that came self harm. I have been through the ringer with my insecurities but they seem to be coming back. I still hate my body & I can't stick to a diet or workout routine to save my life. I really need help with that the most out of anything. I want to make the best version of myself but I still eat like crap and can't stick to working out. I get depressed because I eat so much which on turn makes my energy level low and I don't have motivation to do much of anything. If anyone has tips or anything to help I would love it. Or some sort of diet plan or workout plan that works for you. I am going on some beach trips this summer and I really want to feel good about myself when I go. Thanks for reading if you did :)

Day Nicole likes this.
  2. I'm sorry I don't have any great tips, but I struggle with the same issues. The one thing that has helped me as far as working out is joining a class at the gym. I used to dance, so I go to a zumba class that I've committed to and tried to make connections in. It's hard for me because I struggle with depression too and sometimes I REALLY don't want to go, but I know that I have made this commitment to other people who are holding me accountable and look forward to me being there. That has really helped me find the motivation to go, knowing that I'm part of a community and that there are people who will notice if I stop showing up :) It's still hard, and there are definitely days I miss, but overall I feel more satisfied when zumba days coming around knowing that I have that to look forward to.

BoPo Team likes this.