1. Post your most inspirational images, videos and messages here.

Plus size positivity

Discussion in 'Body Positive Inspiration' started by Day Nicole, Aug 7, 2017.

1. I'm recently coming to terms that I may be venturing into the category of "plus sized". It's not really something I'd ever expect. I always vacillated around size 4-6 and small/medium but these days I'm anywhere between a 6 and 12 and medium to XL. I would say I'm right there in the cusps of plus sized. I have thick thighs, I have a big butt, and my hips are wide.

Recently, I've been getting really into the body positive stuff. I'm so tired of beating myself up and expecting to be like everyone else. I don't do that in any other area of my life, I pride myself on my hair that changes color every couple months, my tattoos, and my different sense of style and interests... I don't usually try to fit into people's boxes but when it comes to weight I'm obsessed with the social norms. And no matter how many people tell me I'm beautiful and my body is perfect the way it is, I can't accept it. I hate the stretch marks around my hips, I hate the cellulite on my thighs and the dimples on my butt, the little roll of fat that hangs over my jeans when I sit...

But I'm tired of letting these things take up valuable space in my mind. I have more important things in my life than worrying about fitting someone else's standards. I'm learning to accept my body and accept that maybe it's like this because I'm trying to force myself to care about something that really, doesn't matter all that much to me. I'd rather eat what I like and exercise when I'm comfortable and in a way that I enjoy. I don't like portioning food, I will never be honest with myself about counting calories, and I freaking love bread. Always have, and while I may cut back, I'll never feel that depriving myself of things I enjoy to be thin is really worth that much in this life. I applaud the women that work hard to have the bodies they have. They just have different priorities than I do. I'd rather enjoy the foods that I find to be fulfilling and dance my ass off in a zumba class a few times a week, than eat clean all the time and be in the gym hours a day. It's just not what I want for myself, and I'm finally accepting that and becoming okay.

BoPo Team likes this.